Padraig and Keegan

Padraig and Keegan
That's enough out of you!

Sunday, September 30, 2012

1 week in, no Nana, no Chuck


Well I must say we are doing quite well so far. It has been one of those Murphy's Law kind of thing so far, but that's how I live my life. If it can happen it will. I try to be prepared for the worst case scenario as that usually makes the worst case not so bad.

 So my work got super busy and needs me here 24/7. Being a mom, now I just say I can't. Luckily they understand, but it makes me feel bad as I used to always be able to help out in situations like this. So I've only had one late night and several early mornings where I leave for work at 5:30. This week is supposed to get worse, but that's just Murphy playing with me.

So then my poor Nanny is sick, lucky for me my mom is in town until Wednesday morning. So hopefully she will get well, or I guess Ii will just have to hang with the boys and not work. (Sucks for my work, not so bad for me.) The boys woke up this morning with a cold, which they have had one small one before, but really we are not versed in the whole sick thing. I knew it was coming someday, but of course it is going to come when there is no Chuck or Nana Nancy. Damn that Murphy!

Paddy and Keegan are really impressive to me; yes I'm a proud mama. Last night Paddy walked over with a book in hand, took out his binky and said very clearly, 'read this.' Oh how cool is that!

Keegan last week decided to hurl himself out of bed, so that was remedied before Chuck left. He lowered his bed to the lowest possible setting. He is still standing on his turtle trying to get out of bed. Silly boy.

The boys have had a wonderful summer outside playing in the kiddy pool and the sprinklers. I am pretty sure I have two outdoor boys so we will be investing in some rain boots to let them play outside this winter. Might not be as fun for us, but I figure we will bundle them up and let them play outside, as I think that’s what boys are supposed to do!

So this was started 2 weeks ago, and now I am finally finishing it! Nana gets back today, yea!!!

The boys are just boys... Keegan has been doing 'tricks' on his tricycle. He stands on the seat and thinks he's cool. I have mini heart attacks all the time telling them 'no please don't do that it's dangerous!' Paddy loves to stand on the foot rest and jump from that onto the ottoman. Then he watches us and laughs. Children are crazy!!!

Both boys eat very well, but when they are done Keegan slyly drops off his food to Kicker. Paddy isn't quite that sly.... He takes to full on over hand throwing his food. Needless to say when Paddy is done with is food his food gets taken away quickly.

We took photos yesterday with Lisa and I will post those soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment